I had some salmon the was left over after a meal as I have a bad habit of cooking for five hungry people and always forget there are only three of us now.
Anyway I couldn’t bear to throw it out , Salmon is so expensive! So I boiled up some potatoes and mixed this patty togther. The “husba” wouldn’t eat it but others did. Apparently my daughter’s friend, Katie loved them! So here it is the recipe for you to try.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 400g Desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 210g cans red salmon, drained, flaked
- 1 salad onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs(You can substitute gluten free breadcrumbs)
- olive oil to fry in
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash. Transfer to a bowl. Cover. Refrigerate until cold.
- Add salmon, parsley, dill, lemon rind, diced onions, egg, and salt and pepper to cold potato. Mix until well combined.
- Divide mixture into 8 portions. Using wet hands, shape each portion into a patty, pressing into shape. Coat patties evenly in breadcrumbs. Place onto a tray. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place olive oil in fry pan. . Place patties in the oil and turn when golden brown. Keep flipping over until cooked all the way through. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon wedges.