So I was thinking….I need to do something different. Something that will make my blog stand out from the rest. And although I haven’t achieved that yet, I think I am on to something. My niece and I have a little thing going between us. Lily has a doll house and I have a small doll and we like to talk about small furniture and tiny books and all those things that go hand in hand with loving the concept of a world of small things. Her dollhouse is called Stokholm and it is amazing. I secretly want one too. Anyway what I decided to do was make some teeny edible cookies and cakes for her dollhouse family. It was SO much fun. I packaged them up and sent them to her on the other side of Australia.I had to be careful rolling out teeny cookies. I just used normal butter cookie dough. I used a metal lid from a bottle for the cake tin. You have to keep an eye on the cookies and cake when they are baking as you don’t want to burn them.
Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Cover dough, and chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C. Roll the dough into tiny balls and find a small sugar decoration to put on top.
- Bake for 2 to 4 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly golden at the edges. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.