With Valentines Day only a couple of weeks away, I thought I would try and inspire some romance between all those couples out there. Romance doesn’t have to cost a fortune, or involve gold or diamonds (though that would be nice), romance is the thought that someone puts into something that will please their partner. Something like these cute little cupcakes popped into a lunch box or served with a cup of tea would surely make your loved one happy.
The icing hearts are made by rolling out the fondant and then using a cookie cutter to cut the shape. I made a few different colours and some extra for another occasion.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
125g butter, softened
1 cup (200g) caster sugar
11/2 cups (225g) self raising flour
1/4 cup (60g) cream
150g frozen raspberries, lightly crushed
2 cups (300g) icing sugar mixture
10g butter, softened
1 tsp rosewater essence
1 tbs milk
Roll out fondant icing and use heart shaped cookie cutter to cut shapes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line muffin tin with paper cupcake cases
- Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition. Add the self raising flour, cream and beat again until combined. Add mashed raspberries and fold through the cake mixture.
- Spoon mixture evenly among the lined pans and smooth the surface. An ice cream scoop is perfect for this as it measures enough mixture for each paper case. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, combine icing sugar and butter in a bowl. Add rosewater and enough milk to make a smooth paste.
- Spread the icing over each cake and top with icing heart if desired.