Oh it has been a big day today! I woke up and went to my blog to start writing my post and there instead of my everydaycook page is a page saying “The Black Newbie Team” had hacked into my site and erased all my recipes! Wow that is not very nice! I looked these people up and they seem to be based in Indonesia and when I told them I wanted my blog back they said “Sorry about that Sista!” I’m not their “Sista!” Anyway luckily my internet host Diggy Internet restored my site. Sometimes this new world is hard to understand. Why anyone would pick on my little blog is beyond me.
So getting back to the things that make me happy. I baked my first Pecan Tart this week. I made some small ones that will go on sale at Bread and Butter on Riding Road at Bulimba. They have turned out very well. A nice crunchy pastry and that sticky sweet interior with roasted pecans. I am also selling my brownies and other goods at The Sugar Jar Café in James Street in Fortitude Valley. So I am happy with the way my little business is proceeding. Shucks I work hard though. Some days I am baking from 7am until late at night.
I will serve the large one tomorrow night at Riverfire. This is a BIG event in Brisbane. There are fireworks and helicopters and jet planes. We are lucky enough to live right next to where it all happens and with one of Brisbane’s best views. As you can imagine people are happy to come over and share the event with us. I am sure that the Pecan Tart will finish the night off very nicely.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 31/2 cups of roasted Australian pecans
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1. Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- Pulse flour, icing sugar, and 3/4 cup butter in a food processor 5 to 6 times or until mixture resembles coarse meal. Pat mixture evenly on bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- Bring brown sugar, honey, 2/3 cup butter, and cream to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in toasted pecans, and spoon hot filling into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes or until completely cool.
Share on Facebook